Week 28 Summary
Notes for this week
|Creamy Tortellini||Chopped Apples and Pecans with Poppy Seed Dressing|
|Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes||Potato Chips||Frozen Grapes|
|Chicken and Feta with Bow Tie Pasta||Honey Nut Peaches||Sugar Snap Peas|
|Crockpot Albondigas Soup||Green Salad|
|Kielbasa Pepper Pasta||Spinach Salad||Watermelon|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Creamy Tortellini
- Chopped Apples and Pecans with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 19 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil as needed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh basil, to taste
- Heat the water for the tortellini according to package directions.
- While the water for the tortellini is heating, sauté the onion and red pepper in olive oil in a large frypan until tender. Add the garlic and sauté a couple more minutes. Add the peas and heat through.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Melt butter in the same skillet and add wine. Simmer the butter and wine together for a minute or two, then add half and half and mix well.
- Add the tortellini to the boiling water as you are finishing up the vegetables and sauce.
- Gradually add in the Parmesan cheese to the sauce, mixing well.
- Season the sauce with salt and fresh basil to taste.
- After the tortellini is finished cooking, drain it and return it to the pan.
- Add the sauce and vegetables, mix well, and serve.
Chopped Apple and Pecan Salad
- 12 oz spring mix lettuce, washed and patted dry
- 2 Gala apples
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 oz. poppy seed salad dressing
- Wash, core, seed, and chop the apples.
- Toss spring mix with salad dressing and top with apples, blue cheese, and pecan pieces.
🗓️ Day 2
- Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Potato Chips
- Frozen Grapes
Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 C ketchup
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper until cooked through.
- Add garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and pepper; stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
🗓️ Day 3
- Chicken and Feta with Bow Tie Pasta
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
- Honey Nut Peaches
Chicken and Feta Bow Tie Pasta
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 12 oz frozen California blend vegetables
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning, or to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- Season chicken with lemon-pepper and grill or broil it until done.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and vegetables according to package directions.
- When the chicken is done, slice it into strips and set aside.
- Drain pasta and return to the cooking pot.
- Add the butter to the pasta and stir gently until melted.
- Add the half and half and turn stove on to low heat.
- Stir in feta cheese, vegetables, and chicken. Heat until everything is hot and the sauce is thickened to your preference.
Adaptations:Gluten-free You can find a variety of gluten-free pastas in most grocery stores, or you could add more vegetables and omit the pasta. Vegetarian Like most stovetop pasta meals, it's easy to omit the chicken from this recipe and balance it out by adding additional vegetables or a can of rinsed and drained cannellini beans.
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, raw
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- Melt butter in a small fry pan.
- Add sugar snap peas and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, until peas are covered with butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until peas are tendercrisp and bright green.
Honey Nut Peaches
- 3 small peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 3 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to a low broil (if you can't adjust your broil level, plan to place your pan on a lower rack).
- Place prepared peaches on broiler pan and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle nuts over peaches and place pan in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
🗓️ Day 4
- Crockpot Albondigas Soup
- Green Salad
Crockpot Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- 1 lb. frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 oz beef broth
- 16 oz. salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté onions and bell peppers in olive oil until tender.
- Combine meatballs, onion, green pepper, garlic, beef broth, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Add pasta and stir well, cover, and cook on low an additional hour or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with garnishes of cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Using sautéed onions and peppers from the freezer makes this soup virtually prep-free.
- When you are pressed for time, you can make the soup on the stovetop and cut down the cooking time to less than an hour. Add the pasta in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.
- If you have a 6 quart crockpot, you should be able to double the recipe in one batch.
🗓️ Day 5
- Kielbasa Pepper Pasta
- Spinach Salad
Kielbasa Pepper Pasta
- 12 oz. box bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb. fully cooked beef kielbasa, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add peppers and onion and sauté until tender.
- Add kielbasa, salt, and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to skillet and toss to coat. Serve warm.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan