Week 18 Summary
Notes for this week
|Basil Lime Chicken||Couscous||Green Salad|
|30 Minute Hash Brown Soup||Orange Slices|
|Barbecue Beef and Beans||Applesauce|
|Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken||Macaroni & Cheese||Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter|
|Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice||Green Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Basil Lime Chicken
- Green Salad
Basil Lime Chicken
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 ½ Tbsp dried basil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together thoroughly in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for basting and ¼ cup separately for serving; refrigerate.
- Marinate chicken in remaining marinade overnight.
- Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Flip chicken and baste again. Continue to cook until juices run clear.
- Divide chicken and serve ¼ for the meal and chop ¾ for the freezer.
- Drizzle the marinade you reserved for dipping over the chicken you are serving, or just serve the marinade as a dipping sauce.
🗓️ Day 2
- 30 Minute Hash Brown Soup
- Orange Slices
Hash Brown Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 32 oz. bag frozen hash browns, diced, not shredded
- 10.5 oz. cream of celery soup
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 16 oz. cheddar cheese, divided
- green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Sauté onion in oil in soup pot.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add hash browns and bring to boil.
- Add soups and evaporated milk, bring to a simmer.
- Add 3-1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- Serve garnished with remaining shredded cheddar and green onions.
- If you have sautéed onions in the freezer, use the equivalent of 1 onion. If not, consider sautéing a whole bag of onions either while preparing this dish or later when you have more time and freezing them in 1 cup portions. Next time a recipe calls for a sautéed onion, you have it already prepared!
- For a vegetarian version of this soup, use vegetable stock in place of chicken broth, and use two cans of cream of celery soup and omit the cream of chicken soup.
🗓️ Day 3
- Barbecue Beef and Beans
BBQ Beef and Beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thick salsa
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. leftover cooked beef roast, diced or cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. beef broth, or more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
🗓️ Day 4
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Tenders
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dipping container.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on each tenderloin, then dip each tenderloin into the bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- Place coated chicken on a silicone baking sheet or a metal baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear and coating is golden brown.
Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp hot/ warm water
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain thoroughly and return to pan.
- Stir in butter and egg; mix mustard and salt with water and add to macaroni.
- Add cheese, reserving ½ cup to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Pour milk over noodles and cheese – do not stir it in but distribute evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until set and the top is brown.
Sautéed Spinach and Garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté minced garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add spinach and stir it into the garlic just until it starts to wilt. Add salt and serve.
🗓️ Day 5
- Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice
- Green Salad
Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice
- 1.5 lbs. beef sirloin or round, cut into 2” pieces
- 3 bell peppers, any color, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 red onions, quartered & separated into two layer pieces
- 10 oz. package yellow rice, prepared according to pkg. directions
- 1/2 recipe soy garlic beef marinade
- Pour the prepared marinade over the beef in a sealable container and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to 350ºF.
- While grill is heating, alternate beef and vegetables on kabob skewers.
- Grill kabobs until beef is done to your preference.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate meat for several hours and cook as directed in recipe.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.