Lasagna noodles are the basis for delicious and easy Chicken Alfredo Rollups. Homemade Alfredo sauce can be used in place of prepared sauce, and this dish is a great way to use leftover chicken. If your store happens to carry Tillamook sauce starters in the cheese section, their Creamy Alfredo Sauce Starter is a wonderful substitution (one prepared package per jar of sauce).
Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- 16 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 30 oz Alfredo sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or chopped)
- oregano, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray an 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and pour 1 cup Alfredo sauce into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Soak lasagna noodles in hot water until they are pliable enough to roll.
- Drain and rinse each noodle with cold water and blot dry (rinsing is optional; I like to leave the noodles in the water until I am ready to roll them and just dry before rolling).
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the Alfredo sauce over each noodle and sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder to taste.
- Evenly divide the chicken into portions equal to the number of noodles and place a portion on top of each noodle.
- Sprinkle with about 3 tablespoon of mozzarella.
- To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodles over the toppings.
- Place the roll ups in the pan, one by one, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce evenly over the top of the roll ups.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- This is a flexible recipe that you can adapt to use what you have on hand. Switch to a marinara or meat sauce for more of a lasagna taste, or give it a complete makeover and use salsa or enchilada sauce with Mexican blend cheese for a Tex-Mex flavor.
- If you have cooked chicken in the freezer, you can use that.
- For a vegetarian option, use sautéed onions and peppers or steamed, chopped broccoli in place of chicken.
Nutrition per serving