Lasagna noodles are the basis for delicious and easy Chicken Alfredo Rollups. Homemade Alfredo sauce can be used in place of prepared sauce, and this dish is a great way to use leftover chicken. If your store happens to carry Tillamook sauce starters in the cheese section, their Creamy Alfredo Sauce Starter is a wonderful substitution (one prepared package per jar of sauce).
Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
Lasagna noodles are the basis for delicious and easy Chicken Alfredo Rollups. Homemade Alfredo sauce can be used in place of prepared sauce, and this dish is a great way to use leftover chicken.
- 16 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 30 oz Alfredo sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or chopped)
- oregano, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray an 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and pour 1 cup Alfredo sauce into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Soak lasagna noodles in hot water until they are pliable enough to roll.
- Drain and rinse each noodle with cold water and blot dry (rinsing is optional; I like to leave the noodles in the water until I am ready to roll them and just dry before rolling).
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the Alfredo sauce over each noodle and sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder to taste.
- Evenly divide the chicken into portions equal to the number of noodles and place a portion on top of each noodle.
- Sprinkle with about 3 tablespoon of mozzarella.
- To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodles over the toppings.
- Place the roll ups in the pan, one by one, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce evenly over the top of the roll ups.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- This is a flexible recipe that you can adapt to use what you have on hand. Switch to a marinara or meat sauce for more of a lasagna taste, or give it a complete makeover and use salsa or enchilada sauce with Mexican blend cheese for a Tex-Mex flavor.
- If you have cooked chicken in the freezer, you can use that.
- For a vegetarian option, use sautéed onions and peppers or steamed, chopped broccoli in place of chicken.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 699 calCarbohydrates: 47 gProtein: 47 gFat: 34 gSodium: 1201 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 4 g
Leave a Reply