Frozen steak slices or beef strips make these cheese steak subs a fast dinner. If you have leftover steak or beef roast slices, use that for an even better sandwich.
Cheese Steak Subs
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 1.5 oz. frozen sandwich steak slices, thawed
- 10 ¾ oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and pepper; cook until tender. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Add steaks to skillet and heat until cooked through.
- Heat soup in small saucepan until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spread each roll with 2 Tbsp heated soup.
- Place steaks and vegetables on bottom of each roll and top evenly with the remaining soup. Add tops of hoagie rolls and serve.