Frozen steak slices or beef strips make these cheese steak subs a fast dinner. If you have leftover steak or beef roast slices, use that for an even better sandwich.
Cheese Steak Subs
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 1.5 oz. frozen sandwich steak slices, thawed
- 10 ¾ oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and pepper; cook until tender. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Add steaks to skillet and heat until cooked through.
- Heat soup in small saucepan until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spread each roll with 2 Tbsp heated soup.
- Place steaks and vegetables on bottom of each roll and top evenly with the remaining soup. Add tops of hoagie rolls and serve.
If preferred, you can substitute leftover beef slices or frozen beef strips from the refrigerator or freezer section of the grocery store.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 714mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Net Carbs: 41g